Divers Coverage of Mental Health
Umbrellex® Behavioral Health Services is driven to promote mental health as a critical component of overall wellness. We are committed to the wellness of individuals, their families, and the community through prevention, intervention, treatment, and education. Our focus is on quality of care and service to our consumers through compassion, acceptance, respect, empowerment and sincerity.
Seeking To Improve Quality Of Life
Our Mission is to inspire hope and improve the quality of life of individuals and families by serving their mental health, addictions, special education and community support needs with integrity and compassion. Our work is driven by a commitment to promote mental health as a critical component of overall wellness.
Umbrellex® has a vast knowledge and experience in:
Trauma-informed Clinical Care
Substance Abuse and Special Education Services
Grief and loss
Qualified Skills & Experience
A list of pertinent skills and experience are listed as follows, but not limited to, comprehensive behavioral health evaluations and assessments, ability to interview and assess clients using appropriate assessment tools and observe, record and report on an individual’s functioning, ability to interpret assessments, evaluations, observation data and use in developing treatment plans, provide individual and group therapy services to teach:
- Life skills and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of mental health disorders and child/adolescent development
- Demonstrated knowledge of various evidence-based assessments
- Differential treatment approaches
- Interventions including intensive case management services
- Demonstrate knowledge of documentation standards and capacity to meet documentation expectations
- Extensive knowledge of community resources
- Thorough knowledge of effective evidence-based interventions
- Utilized Cognitive Behavioral Therapeutic Approach
- Efficient in Applied Behavior Analysis therapeutic approaches, Trauma-Focused treatment, Strengths-Based assessments and Person-Centered planning to drive treatment plans
Individual And Group Therapy
Umbrellex® provides individual therapy, social skills groups, social skills training, play therapy for children, adolescents, teenagers, and adults. Our therapists are trained to help children, adolescents, teenagers, adults, and families with a variety of struggles including ADHD, learning difficulties, autism spectrum disorders, anger management, anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, social skills difficulties, and issues related to adoption, divorce, and blended families.
Court Ordered Treatment Services
Description of Services
Umbrellex® offers court approved classes and individual sessions that address Substance/Alcohol Abuse, Domestic Violence, Anger Management, Parenting Skills and Conflict Resolution.
Your counseling sessions will read like a story through ongoing discussion, written assessments, “homework” for self-direction and goal planning. The key here is to remember that a positive change can be made from any situation. Goals and a positive outlook towards being your best positions you to learn from past mistakes and learn coping techniques for everyday life.
Life happens fast and decisions are made that sometimes come with heavy consequences. Umbrellex® provides a navigation in dealing with the outcomes resulting from those decisions leading to court-ordered treatment services. With so many feelings surfacing at that point in your life, our goal is to assist you through talking and walking through the decisions made and setting new goals to get back on the right track for your best life going forward.
Specialized Residential Services
Umbrellex® Behavioral Health Services provides barrier-free homes for male and female adults who are developmentally impaired or diagnosed with a severe and persistent mental illness, and who possess a need for a secured environment.
LIFE IS A TEAM EFFORT
Meeting the ever-changing needs and dreams of people with disabilities and their families is never easy, but at Umbrellex Behavioral Health Services, our team members are good at it. We value the partnership we have with family members and rely on your active participation, good communication, and a helping hand when needed.
- Community integration
- Program evaluation & quality improvement
- Family involvement and support in effective treatment activities to improve relationship quality, when applicable
- Medication management oversight
- Opportunities for day programs & structured activities
- Around-the-clock support
- Maximize participation in house meetings
- Life skills development
- Assistance with daily activities
- Transportation to community-based services
Daily activities are based on the interests, passions, and goals of the people we support. They also help maintain the connection to family, friends, and the community. Daily activities may include:
- Personal hygiene tasks to get ready to face the day
- Mealtime preparation such as setting and clearing the table and packing a lunch
- Household cleaning & laundry
- Recreational community activity trips including:
Local restaurants, Malls, Sporting events, Community festivals
- Connecting with friends & family including:
- Playing board games
- Watching movies
- Going for a walk or out for a meal
- Planning and participating in theme parties for holidays, birthdays, etc.
Community Living Services Program and Services
Description of Services
Umbrellex® facilitates community living services with partnering Community Mental Health agencies. We focus on the individual’s independence and integration into the community, while providing assistance to the family caregiver in the disability-related care of the individual. We provide a curriculum-based skills training to support the individual’s disability as identified in the Individual Service Plan.
We provide training that can be related to activities of daily living, such as personal hygiene, household chores and socialization. Services may also promote communication, relationship-building skills and integration into community activities. These supports must be targeted at enabling the individual to attain or maintain his or her maximum potential. These supports may serve to reinforce skills or lessons taught in school, therapy or other settings.
Respite Care Program and Services
Description of Services
In-home care services are provided with highly qualified and trained staff members on an occasional or consistent basis. The services can last from a few hours to overnight and will be determined through the referring Community Mental Health agency. We specialize in in-home respite care services that enable people to stay in their own environment. These services are invaluable to caregivers and their loved ones.
There are a couple of options that can meet caregiving needs:
Umbrellex®, Respite Care division employs Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) or Personal Care Providers (PCPs). PCPs or CNAs are tasks with assisting loved ones with activities of daily living and health care needs to include dressing, bathing, feeding, and toileting. They can provide support through shopping, meal preparation, as well as housekeeping duties. CNAs have more experience than PCPs and have the ability to address a wider variety of medical needs than PCPs. Stimulation, companionship, and recreation are also services that may be provided.
Special Education Services
Description of Services
Umbrellex® provides a team of qualified multidisciplinary professionals that will determine if the child is a child with a disability and in need of special education and related services. We provide services on an individual family need or full scale special education contractual services for schools.
When children are struggling to meet school demands, it is important to determine whether a learning, cognitive and/or physical disability is impacting your child’s educational performance. If this is the case, your child may be eligible for special education services and related services that can help your child to succeed in the academic environment.
Our Multidisciplinary professionals interpret evaluation data for the purpose of determining if a child is a child with a disability and in need of special education services. We utilize information from a variety of sources, including aptitude and achievement tests (but not restricted to these results), parent input, teacher recommendations, physical condition, social or cultural background and adaptive behavior.
The term “a child with a disability” means: A child evaluated according to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) as having mental retardation, a hearing impairment including deafness, a speech or language impairment, a visual impairment including blindness, serious emotional disturbance (referred to in IDEA as emotional disturbance), an orthopedic impairment, autism, traumatic brain injury, another health impairment, a specific learning disability, deaf-blindness, or multiple disabilities, and Who, by reason thereof, needs special education and related services.
Philosophy of Care and Person-Centered Planning
Umbrellex® Behavioral Health Services is dedicated to meeting the behavioral health needs of its community, region and beyond by providing easily accessible programs. The treatment philosophy is rooted in a person-centered planning model that provides individualized support through evidence-based practices. We are dedicated to approach crisis, trauma and developmental disabilities with life planning services that incorporate an individual’s personal communication mechanisms and assist them to outline their needs, wishes and goals.
Our framework and methods include the following person-centered planning process:
- We focus on an individual’s life goals, interests, desires, choices, strengths and abilities as the foundation of the person-centered planning process.
- We identify outcomes based on the individual’s life goals, interests, strengths, abilities and desired choices.
- We establish plans for the individual to achieve identified outcomes.
- We determine the services and supports that the individual needs to work toward or achieve outcomes including, but not limited to, services and supports available through the Community Mental Health System.
- After the person-centered planning process, Umbrellex® utilizes a collaborative approach with clinical mental health entities to ensure that an individual’s person-centered planning goals are addressed.
Contact Umbrellex® Today
Dedicated to meeting the behavioral health needs of our community, region and beyond by providing easily accessible programs